Lectures on doctoral studies on the Faculty of Culture and Media last until 30th December current year. It recommences on 7th February 2011. Exam term for subjects in 1st semester shall be organized in March 2011.
Modality of studies: doctoral studies on the Faculty of Culture and Media last three years – six semesters.
Volume of studies: 180 ESPB
Vocation (professional title): doctor of culturological sciences and doctor of communicological sciences
After successfully completed doctoral studies candidates gain subject specific competence as follows:
– competence for independent scientific research work;
– for problem and theoretical contemplation of theoretical aspects;
– for writing papers and oral presentation and analysis on adequate academic level and scientific concept of studies;
– identification and definition of significant problems in medial and culture and their positioning within the scope of interest linked to contemporary circumstances and close scientific disciplines;
– individual, independent and innovative contemplation on theories, ideas and problems in relevant sphere;
– active participation in criticism debates in the sphere of social sciences directly or indirectly linked both to media and culture problems and discourse theory problems;
– criticism and interpretation of papers, texts and books concerning media, culture and communicology.
Up to date based program of doctoral studies represents a guarantee that once completed it provides students with status of prestigious analysts and researchers of values, social trends, culturology and communicology phenomena, unknown facts and spirit of time entirety.